DarkRP - Staff / Accepted Applications / Souks Staff Application

Posted: 1 week ago / Jan 13, 2021
Edited: 1 week ago / Jan 13, 2021

User
OP

User
OP

First Name:

Conor ( I prefer to be called Soul or Souk)

UK

Your first language:

Last time I checked it was English

Date of Birth:

11/11/1999

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:88679719

Steam Profile:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/JustsouK/

Your in-game name:

souK

Your in-game time as of writing(!time): 

17hr 44m ( I know its lower than the required, however I was asked to post this anyway)

Have you donated/will you be able to in the future? (Can help with trusting in the future):

Yes, and yes.

How many hours can you play on average a day?:

Mostly depends on what I'm working that day, but I will get at least a few hours daily.

How many hours can you play on average a week?:

Mostly depends on what I'm working that week, but I will get 20+ hours total. Usually higher.

Have you fully read, understood and agreed to the Rules?:

Yes, I understand and agree with the rules.

Has any staff member referred you, (List who and their IGN's):

Pedro

What does 'RDM' stand for?:

Random Death Match

What does 'NLR' stand for?:

New Life Rule

What does 'RDA' stand for?:

RanDom Arrest

Give an example of all three.
RDM:

User 1 kills User 2 for no valid RP reason.

NLR:

User 1 returns to his base after being killed during User 2's raid of User 1's base while the raid is still active / ongoing.

RDA:

User 1 arrest User 2 for no valid RP reason.

A user is prop-spamming, how do you handle this?:

First I freeze the props (to try and prevent any crashes), then I teleport to the user and delete the props, I give them a verbal warning (if it wasn't an obvious attempt to crash the server), and keep an eye on then after the fact, if they do it again, I would kick the user and give them the reason as "Prop-spam". If it was an obvious attempt to crash the server I would ban them for the maximum time I can and then inform a higher up staff member to do the permanent ban.

A donor is prop-spamming, how do you handle this?:

I bow down and give them all my money as they donated to the server. I would treat them the same as a non-donator.

What is 'FearRP'?:

FearRP is when a user does something that someone in that situation IRL would not do.

What is 'FailRP'?:

FailRP can be defined as an event involving a user that does an action that is not appropriate for their class / job. 

Give an example of both.
FearRP:

User 1 starts to mug User 2. User 2 pulls out a gun and kills User 1.

FailRP:

The Mayor goes around mugging people. 

You've witnessed a fellow staff member RDM and shrug it off, how do you handle this?:

Record all evidence I can, then report it to the higher up and explain what I saw / what happened and provide the video.

You've witnessed a fellow donator RDM and shrug it off, how do you handle this?:

The exact same way I would treat any RDM case. 

As a Staff member, you are expected to treat all players equally. What does it mean to be biased?:

Being biased is when you give one user more favabority than the other during a sit based on different reasons.

A user is disrespecting you, shouting offensive slurs at you. He says his reasoning behind this is because he thinks you aren't doing your job correctly. How do you handle this?:

I go and cry in a corner while baning him forever. I would first asked him to stop kindly, if he does so, then I would ask him what he thinks I am doing incorrectly so I can try to learn and better myself (without breaking any rules / being bias), If the user does not stop disrespecting / using offensive slurs, I would punish him accordingly with regards to the offensive slurs, and I would then guide the user to the forums to make an official complain about me.

Tell us why you'd be a good addition to our Staff team (100 words or more):

I believe I would be a good fit for the staff team because even though I am new to modding in Gmod (might take me a second to learn the commands), I have had many years moderating minecraft servers ( so I am good with dealing with lots of kids / funny memers (minges)). I used to be a staff member on a different DarkRP server, so I do have some knowledge on what to look for in terms of reading logs.

In addition to that, I used to be the team captain of my school basketball team so if I were to advance in ranks, I would be able to take to leadership well without letting the power go to my head ( I think ). From my time as the basketball captain, I have learnt many different leadership skills which I hope will advance me further.

I have been playing the server for a while so I know the users and the different members of staff that moderate the server so I am able to tell if anyone is going to cause an issue before it arrives. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I hope you have a good day :)

Senior-Moderator | Event Manager

Pedros Bitch

Please sign in to view & create replies.