OP

First Name: Clayton

Your first language: American English

Date of Birth: 1/16/02

Steam ID (http://steamidfinder.com/): STEAM_0:1:67268399

Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/thebloody45/

Your in-game name: | Bloody |

Your in-game time as of writing(!time): 4 Days 1 Hour

Have you donated/will you be able to in the future? (Can help with trusting in the future):

I am currently looking to make a custom class, so yes I am looking to donate in the future but I have not found the money to do so yet.

How many hours can you play on average a day?: I can play around 6-8 plus hours a day.

How many hours can you play on average a week?: Around 48 hours or more.

Have you fully read, understood and agreed to the Rules?: I have read and agreed to all the rules in the ProtectionRP's !motd.

Has any staff member referred you, (List who and their IGN's): I have not gotten referred by any staff.

What does 'RDM' stand for?: Random Death Match: Killing someone without a valid RP reason.

What does 'NLR' stand for?: New Life Rule: Returning to a place that you have died in the last 5 minutes. In some extreme Rp servers this would also refer to someone remembering and stating facts about their past life.

What does 'RDA' stand for?: Random Arrest: When someone does not arrest someone for a valid RP reason.

Give an example of all three:

RDM: Player A is saying things that Player B doesn't necessarily like then Player B kills Player A as a result of this action. Player B would be guilty of RDM. Instead Player B should have left the area and if Player A follows him then he could warn three times and kill him.

NLR: Player A decides to raid Player B, Player A kills Player B and starts taking his stuff. Player B instantly runs from spawn back to his base and kills Player A. Player B is guilty of breaking NLR. Instead of doing this Player B could have waited 5 minutes to return to his base and kill him.

RDA: The current laws are default, SWAT A is talking to his SWAT buddies. Player B decides to talk trash about police officers to the group. SWAT A then arrests Player B due to the disrespect he has given to authority. SWAT A would be guilty of RDA as currently there is no law against police disrespect. SWAT A could have warned him to leave or could have left the situation instead of arresting him.

A user is prop-spamming, how do you handle this?: I would first freeze the user using !freeze, I would evaluate the situation to see if there is any reason why the user is prop-spamming. After I have come to my conclusion of why he is prop-spamming, if I believe it was for a server crash I would keep him frozen and notify a staff member with banning privileges to ban him. If the user disconnects and reconnects to leave the !freeze I would watch this and refreeze him on connection to the server. If I have come to the conclusion that it was non-malicious and they either did not realize what they were doing was prop-spam or it somehow was accidental I would warn them for prop-spam and explain to them what they are doing wrong. After I warn them I would keep a very close eye on them to make sure they do not have the chance to do something malicious. Typically 99.9 % of the time when a user is prop-spamming it normally is for a malicious reason and should result in a ban. But sometimes there is that user that was not thinking about what they were doing and in that case you always have to evaluate the reasoning behind the user's actions.

A donor is prop-spamming, how do you handle this?: I would handle this the exact same way as I would for the user. Just because you are a donor does not mean you should get any special treatment. The only thing I would probably do differently is notify the highest ranks of the situation as the donor did pay money to the server and could try to make a refund battle through paypal if banned from the server.

What is 'FearRP'?: FearRP is the concept of your player fearing for their life and must react as such.

What is 'FailRP'?: FailRP is failing to follow RP rules or breaking character depending on how serious a server is about their RP.

Give an example of both:

FearRP: Two thieves ( Thief A and Thief B) pull out their guns and start mugging you, they tell you to turn away and drop money. You then turn and run as far away as you can. This is an example of someone breaking FearRP.

Two thieves ( Thief A and Thief B) pull out their guns and start mugging you, they tell you to turn away and drop money. You turn away from them and drop your money. This is an example of someone complying with FearRP as you would fear for your life in this situation.

FailRP: Thief A raids Player B, Thief A kills Player B. Player B is mad and decides to disconnect and reconnect from the server to remove all his items in spite of Thief A. Player B would be in violation of FailRP. Instead Player B can wait his 5 minute NLR cool down and then return to his base to kill Thief A.

You've witnessed a fellow staff member RDM and shrug it off, how do you handle this?: I would first get in contact with the user and ask them what happend. I would evaluate the situation and decide whether it sounds like the staff member did in fact RDM the user. If I do believe the user did get RDMed then I would contact the accused staff and hear his side of the situation. Then I would gather all the information and include a clip of the situation and I would forward it to a higher staff member that could handle it accordingly. After I have forward all the information I would contact the user again and let him know I have addressed the problem to higher staff, and I would direct him to the forms where he could make a report himself.

You've witnessed a fellow donator RDM and shrug it off, how do you handle this?: I would pull the donator and the victim into a sit and figure out the situation. After I have heard both sides and looked at the evidence and concluded that the donator did RDM the victim, I would jail the donator for the appropriate amount of time or warn him. Then I would return the victim. After I am done with the punishment of the donator I would return him to.

As a Staff member, you are expected to treat all players equally. What does it mean to be biased?: Staff bias would mean that you side with a user or staff because you like them. For example you became staff and you have many friends on the server, one of your friends RDMs another user. Even though the evidence shows that your friend did actually RDM the user you say that there isn't enough evidence and decide not to punish your friend. Sometimes bias can even be accidental, they are your friend and you go into a sit believing that they are correct because they are your friend and you do not think they would do something wrong and end up failing the user as a staff member. This is why you have to go into every sit with an open mind.

A user is disrespecting you, shouting offensive slurs at you. He says his reasoning behind this is because he thinks you aren't doing your job correctly. How do you handle this?: This for me would depend on the situation. If the user is not clearly trying to minge and give everyone on the server a bad time, then I would first mute and gag him so he can not offend anyone else on the server. I would call a higher up staff member to talk to the user and let the user explain how I am not doing my job correctly but before I did so I would explain to him what I am doing. After the situation is handled I would warn him for staff disrespect and would explain to him that if this happens again there will be a harsher punishment. If I was in fact in the wrong I would apologize and let the higher up deal with the situation. If there is no staff on I would refer them to the forms to report me. However if the user is clearly just doing and saying whatever he can to hurt and troll the server and everyone on it I would ban him if I could or call a higher-staff member to ban him if I can't as letting him report me to staff would be a waste of time. I would still give him the form link to make a staff report on me.

Tell us why you'd be a good addition to our Staff team (100 words or more): I would make a good addition to staff because I know DarkRP inside and out. I have over 4,000 hours on gmod and about 3,800 of them are staffing, developing, and roleplaying DarkRP servers. I also am very good with ulx as I have even made custom ulx commands. I also have many ulx binds already made. I am also a very committed person, which means I will be very active in the community on the server, forms, and discord. I consider myself to be a very nice and open minded person, this will hopefully show users I can be fair, understanding, and approachable. I have played DarkRP so much, I am very knowledgeable about all the ways people can break the rules and how they will try to get away with it. I am already comfortable with awarn and know how to use it. I am also comfortable with using blogs and know how to use it. I love to be part of a team and I like to work with others to reach a higher goal. Lastly as I have said before, I have developed servers and addons before. If there is an issue with the server or addon I might know how to get things back on track if needed.

Thank you for reading my application and taking me into consideration.

Please sign in to view & create replies.